- 27.09.2012, Press Release with SCI-BUS: In a press release entitled “CloudBroker Platform Now Usable for Free with Own Cloud Infrastructures”, CloudBroker GmbH and SCI-BUS announce that the CloudBroker Platform has been extended to allow the usage of own cloud accounts and has adapters to OpenStack and Eucalyptus private cloud infrastructures now.
- 24.08.2012, Press Release with MTA SZTAKI and SCI-BUS: MTA SZTAKI, CloudBroker GmbH and SCI-BUS announce the availability of an interface to the CloudBroker Platform within the grid User Support Environment (gUSE) in a press release entitled “gUSE Users Can Now Run Scientific Workflows on Cloud Infrastructures via the CloudBroker Platform”. A PDF version is available here.
- 05.07.2012, Talk at SCI-BUS Summer School 2012: Wibke Sudholt gives a presentation and a hands-on tutorial about the CloudBroker Platform in the SCI-BUS project at the SCI-BUS, SHIWA, EDGI joint Summer School on Workflows and Gateways for Grids and Clouds, July 2-6, 2012, in Budapest, Hungary (11:00-11:30 and 14:00-15:30, together with Zoltan Farkas from MTA SZTAKI).
- 05.-08.12.2011, Paper and Talk at e-Science 2011: Together with SystemsX.ch, ETH Zurich and IBM, CloudBroker publishes a paper and Peter Kunszt gives a talk about “Accelerating 3D Protein Modeling Using Cloud Computing” during the workshop on “Computing Advances in Life Science” at the 7th IEEE International Conference on e–Science, December 5-8, 2011, in Stockholm, Sweden (05.12.2011, 15:30-15:55).
- 11.-13.10.2011, Poster at Bio-IT World Conference & Expo Europe 2011: The poster of ETH Zurich, CloudBroker, IBM and SystemsX.ch about “Accelerating 3D Protein Modeling Using Cloud Computing” is presented by Peter Kunszt at the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo Europe, Exhibit Hall 9, Hannover Exhibition Grounds, Germany (11.10.2011, 12:45 – 13.10.2011, 14:30).
- Think! 3/2011, p. 32-35, IBM SmartCloud Enterprise: CloudBroker’s collaboration with ETH Zurich and IBM is described in an article about “Dreidimensionale Proteinmodelle aus der Wolke” (in German). See also the full Think! edition 3/2011.
- 08.07.2011, International IBM Press Release: A report about the project of CloudBroker with IBM and ETH Zurich has now also been published as an international press release under the title “IBM and ETH Zurich Use Cloud Computing to Combat Increasingly Resistant Bacteria”.
- 23.-24.06.2011, Poster at Basel Computational Biology Conference 2011: Peter Kunszt presents a poster of ETH Zurich, CloudBroker, IBM and SystemsX.ch about “Accelerating 3D Protein Modeling Using Cloud Computing” at the 9th [BC]2 2011 “Multiscale Modeling”.
- 10.06.2011, Article in ETH Life: CloudBroker’s work in the collaboration with ETH Zurich and IBM is described in an ETH Life article about “Proteinstrukturen aus der Wolke” (in German).
- 09.06.2011, Video with IBM and ETH Zurich: CloudBroker, IBM and ETH Zurich make a video available on YouTube about “Protein Modeling in the IBM Cloud” (in English with German subtitles).
- 17.05.2011, TA-SWISS Expert Workshop: For CloudBroker and EuroCloud Swiss, Wibke Sudholt has been invited to a seminar of TA-SWISS, the Swiss center for technology assessment, about cloud computing on May 17, 2011, in Bern. Our showcase with IBM and ETH Zurich is mentioned in the corresponding synthesis report (in German) and the fact sheet of the project.
- 12.05.2011, Press Release with IBM and ETH Zurich: CloudBroker, IBM and ETH Zurich publish a press release together about “Forschung in Rekord-Zeit dank Cloud Computing” (in German). An English version entitled “IBM and ETH Zurich Use Cloud to Combat Highly Dangerous Bacteria” is also available.
- Think! 1/2011, p. 28-29, Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud: CloudBroker is mentioned in an article from IBM about “Maximale Flexibilität” (in German). See the full Think! edition 1/2011.
- Netzwoche 02/2011, p. 5-6, Netzwoche IT Outsourcing Special: Wibke Sudholt is interviewed in an article by Thomas Brenzikofer with the title “Wir stehen kurz vor einer neuen industriellen Revolution” (in German), resulting from a media roundtable of MSM Research.